Car Insurance is a legal requirement. As a responsible driver you will no doubt be aware that having insurance for your vehicle is mandatory. But due to the terminology used by insurers. You may not have a complete understanding as to what exactly it is and why you need it. From the kind of car you own, your driving history to your budget. There are a number of factors you have to take into consideration before you purchase your policy. With this Car Insurance guide we’ll walk you through. All you need to know to help you gain a clearer understanding of what car insurance quotes is. and how you can get the best policy for you.
Car Insurance Renewal Checklist
- Apt Coverage: If you only have third-party plan, then you need to consider getting a comprehensive policy. This will cover you against heavy expenses of repairing your car in case of an accident.
- Claims Check: This makes a huge different. If you haven’t checked the claims ratio of your previous insurer, don’t skip verifying it now.
- Check Cashless Garages: Take sure you look for the cashless garages near your area that would provide. repair services for your car.
- Deductibles & Discounts: Check if you’ve got all discounts that you are eligible for. A deductible indicates the amount you will have to pay every time before claim. If your policy includes it, ensure that it fits your budget.
- Check IDV: Depending on your car’s age, re-evaluate your car’s Insured Declared Value against premiums. By this, you’d know if you have got the best price.
- Ideal Add-ons: If you were not aware how add-ons can help you during claims, this is the time. If your car’s age is less than 5 years. Consider covers like Zero Depreciation or Engine Protector or Return to Invoice.
Types of car insurance
There are four main types of general motor vehicle insurance you need to be aware of:-
- Compulsory Third Party (CTP)/mandatory motor vehicle accident personal injuries insurance – required by each state and territory. It protects any person that you might injure while you are driving. It is not an alternative to taking out a motor policy to cover your financial liabilities, such as damage to another vehicle or property, or your own vehicle
- Comprehensive – covers damage to your own vehicle and other people’s property, as well as theft and some other risks, plus legal costs
- Third Party Property – covers damage to other people’s property and legal costs, but not damage to your own vehicle
- Third Party Fire and Theft – Third Party Property with some add-on features that cover your vehicle.
Advantages Of Car Insurance Quotes
It is a fact of life that individuals who drive on Southern African streets are not the most careful or respectful motorists. There are accidents each and every day which claim lives and vehicles. If you have car insurance, even the least expensive car insurance, you’ll have some kind of financial assistance when it comes to paying for the repairs to your automobile. This takes a lot of pressure off you and can perhaps permit you to really feel less stress whilst driving around your everyday business.
Disadvantages Of Car Insurance Quotes
It is therefore the goal of every agent to sell as much insurance as possible. If you are caught off guard, you may end up paying for more than what you actually need. Clients must simply be aware at all times that agents will have varied bonuses and commission schedules that can greatly influence their product offerings. They may push you toward policies that will pay them more.